Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MAH CET) is the entrance exam for admissions to the B Schoolsin Maharashtra offering post graduate management courses like MBA, MMS and PGDM. The MAH CET scores are accepted by more than 100 B-schools across Maharashtra.
MAH-CET is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra.MAH CET 2017 was held on March 4 and 5, 2017. The result will be declared on March 10, 2017.
After the declaration of the result, the admission process begins across the B schools in Maharashtra based on MAH CET 2017. This article mentions the details about MAH CET and top participating B Schools for 2017.
Candidates who have completed their graduation or in the final year of their graduation can apply for the MAH CET. The minimum marks required in graduation is 50% (45% for reserved categories and PWD, belonging to Maharashtra only) for being eligible to appear in MAH CET.
MAHCET Exam Pattern
The MAH CET 2017 Exam is composed of 200 Multiple Choice Questions to be completed in 150 minutes. The medium of the DTE MBA exam is in English Language only. This exam consists of 4 sections- Logical Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning and Verbal Ability/ Reading Comprehension.One mark is awarded for every right answer, hence making it a total of 200 marks andthere is no negative marking.
Top B schools accepting MAH CET Score
Following are the top 5 B schools that accept MAH CET score. These colleges are shortlisted based on various parameters like ranking, placements etc.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
JBIMS is one of the best B schools in Maharashtra and has been consistently ranked in the list of top 10 business schools in India.It is approved by AICTE and affiliated to University of Mumbai, Mumbai. Following are some key features of the college-
- Master of Management Studies is a two year full time course and is the flagship course of JBIMS. The total intake for the course is 120.
- MSc (Masters of Science) in Finance is another postgraduate course offered by JBIMS. The intake for the course is 30.
- JBIMS also offers part-time courses in MHRDM, MMM (Master in Marketing Management), MFM (Master in Finance Management) and MIM (Master in information Management).
- JBIMS shortlists candidates based on their academic profile and MAH CET scores.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for the second round, the in-person assessment (IPA). This round consists of group discussion, personal interview and a written ability test.
- For the MMS 2014-16 batch the Average Salary offered was Rs. 18.13 Lakhs and the Highest Salary was Rs. 26 Lakhs.
- For MSc Finance 2014-16 batch the average salary offered was Rs. 13.1 Lakhs.
- LN Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai (We School)
Welingkar or We School is a private b school that has been ranked among top b schools not only in Maharashtra but also in India. The courses here are approved by AICTE AND also accredited by the National Board of Accreditation-NBA.
- PGDM is the flagship program of We School. This multidisciplinary course offers specializations in Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Operations. The intake for the course is 180.
- The Master in Management Studies (MMS) program is a 2 year full-time post-graduate program, conducted at Welingkar. The intake for the course is 120.
- Selection process at Welingkar is a two stage process. In stage 1 MAH CET Scores, Psychometric test score, past academic performance and work experience ARE considered.
- Stage 2 comprises of group activity, personal interview and written ability test.
- For the year 2015, total 255 companies visited the institute for Placements.
- Average salary offered was Rs 7.5 LPA and the highest package offered was Rs. 20 LPA.
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
KJ Somaiya is affiliated withthe University of Mumbai, Mumbai and is one of the finest management colleges in Maharashtra.
- It offers a 2 year full time MMS course in specializations of Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Operations Management with approval by AICTE and with intake of 120.
- PGDM is a 2 year full time course approved by AICTE with an intake of 120 students.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (International Business) is another full time course offered here. The course is AICTE approved and has an intake of 60.
- PGDM Financial Services is another 2 year full time course approved by AICTE. The intake for this course is 60.
- Candidates have to appear in any of the qualifying examinations and apply to the Institute by filling online form is the stage 1 for admission.
- After that applicants will be informed to report for Written Case Analysis and in depth Personal Interview.
- Last stage for admission is the Counseling Process. The applicants based on his/her SIMSR rank will be called for counseling.
- For the 2017 session a total of 220 companies visited the campus for 480 students across programs.
- Average package in Placement 2017 at SIMSR was Rs.9.40 lakhs while highest package offered was Rs.24 lakhs.
- Sydenham Institute of Management studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai
SIMSREE is affiliated with the University of Mumbai, Mumbai. The courses are approved by AICTE. The college has been ranked as A Grade and among top 20 b schools of India.
- SIMSREE offers a Two Year Full -Time Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM). This is the only fully autonomous management program offered by the Government of Maharashtra exclusively at SIMSREE. The approved intake for the course is 60.
- SIMSREE also offers the MMS coursewith specializations offered in the areas of Finance, Marketing, Operations, Systems and HR. The total intake for the course is 120.
- Admission into SIMSREE is done through Centralized Admission Process (CAP) by DTE.
- There is no GD/PI process for admissions into both MMS/PGDBM courses in SIMSREE.
- SIMSREE witnessed 100% campus placement. The average CTC offered in SIMSREE for the batch of 2014-16 was Rs. 10.6 LPA.
- The total of 107 companies visited the campus for a batch strength of 176.
- Department of Management Sciences, University of Pune, Pune
The Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), SavitribaiPhule Pune University, is one of the first Management colleges in India. Being the official department for the MBA course in the SavitribaiPhule Pune University, it has been ranked among the top B schools in Maharashtra.
- MBA++ is a two year full time program leading to a Master Degree in Management from the University of Pune. This course is approved by AICTE with an intake of 180 students.
- PUMBA strictly follows the DTE rules for admissions to MBA++ program.
- Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of CAP rounds.
- Number of Companies Participated for the 2016 session, was 70 for a batch of 160 students.
- Average CTC of the total offered was 5.27 LPA and the highest CTC offered was 8.40 LPA.
MAH CET 2017 Expected Cutoff for Admissions
The minimum cutoff for admission varies among colleges. MAH CET 2017 expected cutoff is based on the previous years’ analysis to provide a better idea about the college candidates are likely to get.
|Institute Name||Cutoff Marks in MAH CET|
|Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai||MMS- 150|
|Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research and Entrepreneurship Education (SIMSREE), Mumbai||For M. M. S. – 147
For PGDM- 144
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research (KJSIMSR), Mumbai||MMS- 157|
|Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai||MMS- 145|
|University of Pune – DMS (PUMBA), Pune||MBA- 140|
Counselling Procedure through MAHCET
MAH CET 2017 Counselling process includes Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The shortlisted students on the basis of merit list prepared after MAH CET results will be called for counseling to avail the admissions in their preferred MAH CET participating B school.
There will be three rounds for CAP. Candidates have to register for each round of CAP by filling an online option form. The CAP rounds will be held from May to June, 2017. The total number of seats IS approximately 44,000 across the B schools in Maharashtra.