NTSE(National Talent Scholarship Examination) is a national level examination. The mode of paper is Paper and Pen. The NTSE 2018 syllabus will primarily be based on the 10+2 curriculum of NCERT. Candidates can keep checking for NTSE Admit Card notification on the official NCERT website.
- NTSE exam is conducted in two stages. Only the candidates who qualify the first stage will appear in the stage 2.
- Stage 1 is a State/UT level test which will be held in two parts, viz MAT and SAT (Language Test) in the first part and SAT (Mathematics, Science and Social Science) in the second part of 90 minutes duration of both the parts.
- NTSE 2018 Admit card for Stage 1will be made available and can be download by the candidates from late October, 2017.
- NTSE Stage 1 2018 exam will be held in November 2017
- NTSE 2018 Admit card for the second stage will be issued tentatively during the 3rdweek of April, 2018.
- NTSE Stage 1 2018 exam will be held in November 2017.
NTSE 2018 Admit Card-Download Procedure
Admit Card will be available offline only. It will be send by post to the candidates.
- After the candidate has been allotted the enrollment number, the admit card will be issued at the chief superintendent office by post.
- In case a candidate does not get hisNTSE Admit Card by post, then he/she has to obtain it from the office of chief superintendent before the last date of NTSE Exam.This should be done before the last date of admit card issue, which is generally during the first week of November.
Details Present on Admit Card
It is mandatory to take the printout of Admit Card in the NTSE examination hall.
- Candidates who would not be carrying Admit Card, will not be allowed to give the exam.
- Not only being present with the Admit Card is enough, but the NTSE Admit Card must also be consistent with the details mentioned in it.
- Candidates should carefully check the below information in Admit Card before downloading.
- If the following information is not present in admit card, candidates can contact the examination branch:
- Candidate Name must be correct; even a minor spelling error should not be ignored.
- Candidate’s application number should match with the one allotted to him/her during the application.
- Exam Date &Time should be printed correctly on the NTSE 2018 admit card.
- Test Centre or Exam Venue should be printed correctly on the hall ticket/ admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy related to NTSE Admit Card candidates can contact the chief superintendent of the examination center.
Documents Required with Admit Card
Candidates must carry some other important documents on the day of exam. Given below is the list of important documents to be taken on the day of exam to avoid any discrepancy. Admit Card is required along with any one of the following:
- Identity Proof
- License card
- Aadhar card
- PAN card
- Voter ID Card
- School Identity Card
Important Instructions for NTSE Exam 2018
Candidates must check the exam time table carefully and follow the instructions for NTSE exam 2018:
- Reach the NTSE 2018 Exam centerat least half an hour beforethe examination begins and occupy the seat that bears your Roll Number.
- Taking calculator, mathematical and physical table or any other kind of ready reckoner to the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
- The examination will be conducted in two sessions on the same day.
- Candidates will have to take the exam in two parts:
Part-1: Mental Ability Test (MAT)
Part-2: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Time for both the parts is 90 minutes each.
- Each question carries 1 mark.
- Candidates must write their Roll Number, as mentioned in the Admit card, on the Answer Sheet and on the cover page of the Question Booklet in the space provided.
- All questions in the booklets will be objective type. For every question, FOUR possible answers will be given out of which only one is correct. Your task is to find out the correct answer and mark your choice in the answer sheet.
- Record your answer with a ball point pen only. You have to indicate your answer on the answer sheet as advised by the State/UT.
- Follow the instructions of the invigilator during the examination.
- Hand over your questions booklet and answer sheet to the invigilator before leaving the examination hall.